Potato pie with Caciocavallo cheese served in Mornay sauce
Potato pie is a perfect starter that adds style to any special dinner. This is a simple recipe, and like all simple recipes we need to be careful about the food we buy.
Ingredients: (for a single portion)
- 1 small potato
- “caciocavallo” cheese
- salted ricotta
- Mornay sauce
- Mozzarella (cut into pieces or slices)
- Light up the oven 30 minutes before cooking so that the chamber combustion temperature is 200°C / 390°F.
- Slice the caciocavallo into small cubes.
- Wash the potato. Boil one half in hot water and mash it to have a puree. Slice the other half into thin strips and then grill the strips in the bottom cooking chamber for 5 minutes.
- Place oven paper on the chef tools tray. Put the dough cutter on it, and place the potato strips inside the cutter, overlapping them.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper and top with mozzarella pieces.
- Place on potato puree layer, more mozzarella and another layer of potato strips.
- To finish, sprinkle the salted ricotta over the pie.
- Cook for 15 minutes, and serve hot.