Stuffed calamari with crispy rice waffles
Especially in summer, but in winter as well, stuffed calamari are a very good choice to vary your diet; frozen or fresh, they are tasty and exceptionally low in calories and fat.
Here we have prepared a gourmet recipe of a nutritionally balanced dish containing all macronutrients.
- 5 medium-sized calamari
- 50 g of anchovies
- 150 g of white rice
- 80 g of plain flour
- 3 slices of bread
- 50 g of blonde beer
- 40 g of pine nuts
- 20 g of butter
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 egg whites
- 1 shallot
- a clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 1,5 tablespoon of instant yeast
- white wine
- extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of stuffed calamari:
- Boil the rice in a large pot of water for about 10 minutes, drain it and set it aside in a bowl. Add thyme, beer, flour, yeast, pine nuts, egg whites, salt and pepper. Stir and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Peel and chop tomatoes after blanching them in hot water.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan, add the shallots, salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes. Add tomatoes and cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Soak the bread in water, squeeze it out and add it to the mixture. Pour some white wine over it and cook for a few minutes. Add breadcrumbs after turning the heat off.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag and fill the calamari.
- Place stuffed calamari in the oiled Alfa Living porcelain casserole dish, add garlic, baste with 2 tablespoons of white wine and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C.
Preparation of rice waffles:
- Put the rice mixture onto the oiled Alfa Living aluminized steel baking pan.
- Press the rice into small waffles using a spoon.
- Cook on both sides for a few minutes and serve them with stuffed calamari.